The VBGL (Contractual Conditions for the Road Haulage and Logistics Contractor) are a set of contracts developed specifically for companies in the field of road haulage and logistics. These are general terms and conditions that are usually agreed between principals (e.g. customers) and contractors (road haulage and logistics companies).
VBGL regulate various aspects of cooperation between the parties and set standardized conditions to avoid misunderstandings and disputes. They are primarily designed to define the rights and obligations of both parties and to create clear framework conditions for the provision of road haulage and logistics services.
In general, the VBGL contract terms include provisions on the following topics:
- Order Placement and Acceptance: This defines the requirements for placing and accepting an order, including the form of order placement, required information, and deadlines.
- Scope of services: The VBGL specify which services are provided by the road haulage and logistics operator, including the scope, type of transport or logistics service and any additional services.
- Liability and insurance: Rules are established for liability for damage or loss during transport or logistics service. In addition, compulsory insurance is often provided for the road haulage and logistics operator.
- Payment terms: The VBGL shall contain information on payment terms, such as the due date for payments, the currency in which payment is to be made, and, if applicable, provisions for down payment or progress payment.
- Termination and termination of the contract: The conditions under which the contract may be terminated are specified, as well as the rights and obligations of both parties in the event of termination of the contract.
It is important to note that the specific contents of the VBGL may vary depending on the agreement and negotiations between the parties. It is therefore recommended to read the VBGL carefully and, if necessary, seek legal advice to understand the exact terms and implications before accepting or agreeing to it.